Spex™ delivers an uncompromising wheelchair seating choice packed with clever advantages that provides a blend of form and function. It has been designed for the individual who requires a solid back support to assist with mild to moderate postural needs.
Spex™ is essentially made up of a powerful combination of attributes. For the clinician, it transmutes wheelchair seating to a whole new level of providing for the wheelchair user’s specific postural characteristics. Certainly, one part of the Spex™ personality is about being adjustable and adaptable. After all, it has been created to meet the needs of the widest range of personal seating requirements. The real treat with Spex™ is for the person sitting in it. Everything from the foam properties and fabric selection to the highly engineered hardware means enjoyable, comfortable sitting - no matter what the conditions are.
- Comfortable pressure reducing foam surface layer to absorb bony prominences.
- The cut grid shape and configuration creates a mild suspension effect which provides comfort and increases sitting tolerance.
- Unique foam cubes provide individual customisation - simply tear off individual cubes to make the necessary adjustments. It is ideal to assist clients who may need pressure relief in identified areas.
- Dual-layer cover reduces shear forces.
- Breathable Air-Flow holes combined with air-mesh fabric on back counters moisture and temperature.
Advantages of SPEX Wheelchair Seating
- MODULAR: All items are interchangeable including laterals, headrests and hardware which can also be added or removed at any time.
- EASY ADJUSTMENT: Spex has been designed for ease of adjustment by qualified / trained personnel.
- FASTER RESULTS: Spex means that your client’s wheelchairs can be equipped with seating and adjusted in less time, achieving faster results for your clients.
- ONE-STOP-SHOP: Spex offers you the full range of seating from backrests and cushions through to seating parts and accessories.
- THE NATURAL CHOICE: Distinguished by high standards of design and clinical evaluation, Spex™ products are designed and built to last.
A special feature about the Spex backrest is the adjustable ‘CONTOURING-CELL’ CUBE SYSTEM which incorporates into the upholstery unit of the backrest. Changes to the contouring are made on-the-spot for instant results. Further postural enhancement is performed with the positioning kit.