Rifton Anchor Family
Play activities and the practice of self supporting skills are so much easier with Rifton's new family of sturdy portable Anchors!
The stability provided by Rifton's Anchors allows increased functional use of the hand and arm that is free, whether the person is sitting or in supported standing. The Anchor promotes inclusion and social development for individuals.
Simply attach an Anchor to a flat surface such as a table or tray, and use it to stabilize one arm. A pair of Anchors can be used to stabilize both arms.By providing an anchor point, a person is able to undertake activities and perform tasks more easily with the other arm and hand. For an individual with more high tone in one arm, the grab bar can position this arm forward and stabilise it, instead of the arm pulling back into a “high guard” position. Anchors can help support the arms and shoulder girdle and promote a functional sitting position. Regular use of an Anchor (or a pair of Anchors) can help increase head and upper trunk strength and control. People with low tone can also benefit from use of an Anchor.
- Anchors fasten (and unfasten) simply and quickly onto a smooth, clean surface and are easily re-positioned for the best placement.
- Once the optimal location is selected, the grab bar stays firmly in place, attached with the industrial-strength suction cup.
- Secured to a flat surface of furniture, a wheelchair tray, or a stander tray, Anchors can facilitate activities in a wide range of environments.
- Anchors provide a secure, temporary support, and are impervious to hard, constant use.
- The industrial-strength suction cups - when correctly attached to a smooth surface - do not slip or shift.
- Anchors are portable and sturdy, but not heavy.
Note: Anchors are short-term positioning aids and are not intended for primary standing support or transfers