Spex Head Supports
Spex provide a range of supportive headrests
The advantages include:
- Softly padded foam inner headrest, with supple upholstery covers
- Powerful clamp mechanism allows super-quick release and prevents lateral movement
- Extra strong and non-wobbly. Ball linkages secure with hex-head bolts which can be tightened fast.
- No protruding bar at rear.
- Exceptional carer-friendly design doesn’t harm anyone pushing the wheelchair.
- Goose-necked stem permits additional fine-tuning, forward and rearward
- Reach multi-adjustable mechanism (for more forward positioning).
Prescription Only - Call 1300 131 884
- Square shaped head pad: Includes occipital support for enhanced comfort.Two Mechanism options: Standard multi-adjustable mechanism Reach multi-adjustable mechanism (for more forward positioning)
- Basic, compact headrest: For clients with good head control. Two Mechanism options: Standard multi-adjustable mechanism. Reach multi-adjustable mechanism (for more forward positioning.
- Contoured shaped head pad: Includes occipital support and close lateral support for those with limited head control. Two Mechanism options: Standard multi-adjustable mechanism.Reach multi-adjustable mechanism (for more forward positioning).
- Spex™ Multi-Adjustable Headrest: Superior lateral system with individualised 'tuning' to suit any need. The Lateral supports have step-less angle adjustment in width, depth verticle up/down and horizontal angle fine tuning. The lateral pads can be installed either at the top of the head or at the bottom depending on the support that is required. An upgrade to swing-away laterals is available to enable easier transfers if necessary. For even more support, you can install our Spex thoracic lateral pads onto the head pad to create an enhanced level of support required (Tip: the Spex curved pads work really well). Two Mechanism options: Standard multi-adjustable mechanism. Reach multi-adjustable mechanism (for more forward positioning)
- Headrest Mount for Wheelchair Canes: Need a headrest on a wheelchair but it dosent have a rigid back to mount to? This is your answer! Our high quality aluminium mount solves how you attach a headrest to standard wheelchair backrest canes. Included is the headrest ball & socket mount (pad is additional) and mounting clamps to suit both 22mm and 25mm tube diameters. Adjusting range from 350 -520 mm. 2 articulated joints, headrest fastening with ball-and-socket joint, including clamp and 3 screws M5x16. Ball diameter 25 mm. Note this is the mount system only (headrest pad is additional)
The Spex™ Compact Headrest range includes: