Rifton Adaptive Tricycles
Reciprocal exercise with all the fun of riding!
Riding a bike is part of childhood, and this bike for children with special needs aims to provide that exhilarating experience to every child. The features of this therapeutic trike have been carefully considered to help make it as accommodating as possible.
Rifton adaptive tricycles grow with the client; it can be quickly adjusted, no tools needed. In addition to the great physical benefits, trike riding encourages socialisation and the development of friendships. Rifton adaptive tricycles meet or exceed all ANSI safety standards for special needs tricycles.
Therapeutic benefits of cycling include:
- Lower extremity strengthening
- Reciprocal leg motion patterning
- Balancing skills
- Using visual, spatial perception for steering
- Social interaction with peers and neighbors
- Puncture proof BMX-type wheels. A low gear ratio makes pedaling easier for beginners, and slows down speeders.
- Seats are made with comfort and safety in mind.
- The easily engaged parking brake grips both back wheels, and keeps the Rifton adaptive trike firmly in place.
- There's a tote box at the back of your trike for storage or for transporting items.
- Open access combined with a low transfer step makes it easy to get on and off Rifton adaptive trikes.
- With the hook and loop straps on the self-leveling pedals, feet are secure. Your child can ride unaided, and have healthy exercise and fun.
Accessories such as the trunk support system and front or rear steering bar customize the tricycle to meet individual needs.
Note: Rifton adaptive tricycles may not be appropriate for clients with strong involuntary movements or minimal head control. We recommend the use of safety helmets at all times when the trike is in use.