Rifton Support Station
The Rifton Support Station brings new dignity, convenience and possibilities to hygiene care for people with disabilities.
See what a difference 90° can make. The Support Station’s unique features enable even partially weight-bearing individuals to receive hygiene care or a diaper change in an upright position – making the process more dignified, improving access to clothing and skin, and eliminating heavy lifting on the part of the caregiver. With the Support Station, clients assist in the sit-to-stand transfer, using their own strength and skills to participate in their care.
Over time, clients using Rifton's Support Station actually improve their standing and toileting skills – paving the way for greater independence and better health. Children and adults with virtually any amount of weight-bearing ability can use the Support Station. It’s ideal wherever clients are too large to be safely transferred to a flat changing surface. It is useful in schools, where it not only speeds hygiene, it also helps kids develop skills for mainstream schooling and independent living.
The benefits include:
- Greater dignity and independence: Putting an end to infant-like, horizontal hygiene can have dramatic emotional benefits.
- Even people with very limited weight-bearing ability can now participate in their own personal care.
- Improved safety for caregivers: Eliminating transfers to a mat or changing table means less lifting and wrestling with clothing, plus clothing and skin are more accessible – so the process is healthier for everyone.
- Practice in strength and skill-building: Using their own strength and skills to transfer and lift themselves, people improve weight-bearing and motor skills over time.
- Less time out: The Support Station lets everyone spend less time on hygiene and more time in class, in therapy, or simply enjoying life.
Prescription Only - Call 1300 131 884
- Compact and easy to install
- Fully adjustable for diverse users of all ages
- Wall-mounted but floor-supported (250 lb max. load)
- Slots, elbow curves and hand-holds help users pull up
- Padded support strap for extra security
- Padded knee board for leverage during transfer
- Anti-microbial and easy-to-clean surfaces