Squiggles Seating System
With its bright colours and clinical focus, the Squiggles Seat has always been about fulfilling the postural and emotional needs of young children and their families.
The Squiggles Seat is able to help kids to carry out everyday functions at home, in the classroom or even out and about. The flexible sacral cushion - which can be shaped to the child’s lower back - supports the lower spine in the desired position by encouraging a degree of forward tilt in the pelvis and lower trunk extension. The ramped base cushion prevents the child sliding forward. Other features include a 4 point cushioned pelvic harness which is adjustable to give a secure, stable base of support. Hip guides are also adjustable for optimised postural support. Contoured back can be adjusted to the child’s height. Cushioned lateral supports provide side support to help maintain a safe, upright position. Squiggles seat for children aged 1-5 years.
- Chest harness can be attached to provide further support whilst maintaining the child’s freedom to enjoy activities.
- Trunk harness may be used if the child would benefit from side, front and shoulder support.
- Contoured shoulder support angle adjusts to provide shoulder protraction which helps balance the head and trunk over the pelvis.
- Adjustable footplate, which can be tilted to the preferred angle, ensures that the feet are well supported, providing a secure base for maximum upper body function. The footplate flips away to allow for easy transfers.
- Adjustable back angle mechanism maintains the position of the head and trunk supports as the back angle is changed.
- Push handles allow the chair to be easily moved around the home or classroom.
- Indoor Hi-Lo base which can adjust from floor to table height allowing the child to enjoy a wide range of activities from circle time to family meals. The chassis has angle adjustment for tilt in space supporting various postures
All adjustments can be made safely with the child in the seat.